- When do I need a letter of cooperation to access my population and what does it have to look like?
- What platforms are considered anonymous for surveys?
- What does a researcher safety plan require?
- Is passive or opt-out consent allowable?
- What do I need to demonstrate to request a waiver of documentation of consent?
- Do I need an informed consent for an anonymous survey?
- How does the IRB view open records?
- I already have access to data about my subjects because of my position. Can I use that data for research purposes without consent?
- Can I conduct research that uses deceptive techniques?
- What is the difference between Active and Passive deception?
- How do I provide informed consent when deception is required for the study technique?
- Can I conduct research in my classroom if I am the teacher?
- Does my teaching require IRB approval?
- How do I de-identify my student data for research use?
- Do I need consent to access student data for research or scholarship?
- Can I conduct research using my staff as research subjects?
- What is Single IRB review and how can I use it?
- Can I collect data from campus buildings, pedestrians, or random people on campus?
- How does the University Survey Policy affect email recruitment for research on GS campus?
- How does a researcher from off campus obtain site access permission to conduct research on GS campuses or with GS populations?
Types of Research
Last updated: 8/31/2023