Jobs and Internships
Are you a student passionate about your environment and looking for gaining hands-on translational research and service experiences in the field, laboratory, and among our communities?
The Institute for Water and Health is the right place for you! Our multidisciplinary network of faculty, industry, government, and non-profit partners is willing to guide you in practicing skill sets in real-world scenarios and prepare you for your next professional endeavor after college through internship or assistantship opportunities.
- Select the link below to access our careers site.
- Sign in to access your account or select the New User link to create one if you aren’t an existing user.
- Review the job posting and select the apply button to begin your application.
The Student Assistant will support the Institute for Water and Health as a Research Assistant beginning in the Fall Semester 2022. The Research Assistant will join a multidisciplinary team that will carry on field sampling, conduct water quality analysis in the laboratory, and assist with event planning.
Student employees cannot work more than 1300 hours in a 12-consecutive month period. Georgia Southern University is a tobacco and smoke-free community. All faculty, staff, and students must adhere to the established University System of Georgia policy.
- Leads field research
- Runs microbiological and basic chemical analyses in the laboratory
- Leads website updates and social media outlets
- Assists with organizing stakeholder meetings
- Assists coworkers as time permits
- Up to 15 hours per week
- Flexible with schedule of availability
- Must be enrolled in six or more undergraduate credit hours or three or more graduate credit hours at Georgia Southern University.
- Student pursuing an undergraduate degree in environmental health sciences, biology or related field
- Experience in basic data analytics
$12.00 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Schedule of Availability
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University’s mission for student success
- Knowledge in data management
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
August 24, 2022
Last updated: 8/22/2022