Apply for Funding
The Office of Research is offering assistance with travel expenses (up to $1,500 each), for undergraduate students presenting original research at regional, national, and international conferences.
The Undergraduate Research Council will choose to fund proposals based on the merit of research and benefit to the student as well as available funding.
Funding recipients are required to provide a summary of their experience together with their abstract no later than two weeks after attending the conference. This material may be featured on the research website and/or printed materials. All reimbursement material, receipts etc. must be submitted no later than two weeks after the event, per instructions provided with funding notification.
- Students must be an undergraduate and enrolled continuously before and during the time of award and travel; if the student is a senior, travel must be completed within three months of graduation.
- The primary research mentor must be a Georgia Southern University faculty member
Application material (see form below):
- Electronic application form, including abstract, explanation of benefit and budget
- Letter of support for cost-sharing, if applicable
- Letter of support from faculty adviser
Other group travel inquiries should be submitted to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Funding proposals should be submitted by the appropriate deadline, regardless of whether you have been notified of acceptance to present your work. Please do not wait for notification of acceptance to present, as you may miss the deadline to apply for this funding.
|Month of Travel:||Latest Submission Date:|
|June – August||April 15|
Last updated: 2/9/2021