Call for Proposals
Abstracts for the 2021 Research Symposium is closed.
Georgia Southern University will be accepting abstracts for its 2021 Student Research Symposium. Undergraduate and Graduate students from Georgia Southern University and regional colleges and universities are invited to participate to present their research and creative activities.
To submit an abstract, student(s) must be supervised by a Faculty mentor/Instructor.
- Only online applications will be considered for review.
- The deadline for abstract submission is February 26, 2021. Late abstracts will not be accepted.
- The abstract must be written by the student presenter but should be reviewed/edited by his or her faculty sponsor. Mentors/Instructors should not write the abstract but are expected to guide the student in abstract development.
- Submitted abstracts are limited to 200 words, and must contain the following (depending on the discipline):
- Background (need, purpose/argument)
Abstracts will be considered for poster presentations, oral presentations, or performing or visual arts. Space is limited; not every submission will be chosen. A review committee will evaluate each submission for content and relevance. All participants selected to present will be automatically registered for the symposium.
Last updated: 4/2/2021