Research Publication Assistance Program
The Research Publication Assistance Fund provides support for costs relating to accepted faculty publications for refereed journals/publishers. The Research Publication Assistance Fund accepts requests between July 1 and May 1 of each fiscal year or until the fund is fully expended.
- Eligibility is open to the Corps of Instruction, as defined by the Board of Regents:
- Full-time professors, associate professors, assistant professors, instructors, lecturers and teaching personnel with such other titles as may be approved by the Board, shall be the Corps of Instruction. Full-time research and extension personnel and duly certified librarians will be included in the Corps of Instruction on the basis of comparable training.
- Persons holding adjunct appointments or other honorary titles shall not be considered to be members of the faculty. (Board of Regents Policy Manual 18.104.22.168).
- Visiting researchers/faculty, part-time, temporary appointments, are not eligible to apply to this fund.
- Co-authors from collaborating institutions are not eligible to apply. Co-authoring institutions will be expected to share in publication costs.
- A faculty may request a maximum of $500 per fiscal year
- A faculty may submit a Publication Fund Request one time per fiscal year as an author or co-author (Note: publication fund requests will be rejected if any author on the article has received funding within the fiscal year.)
- Support is limited to peer-reviewed publications. Departmental Chair signature is required.
- Funds are distributed for approved applications on a first come/first serve basis until the fund balance is expended for the fiscal year.
- Charges accrued in the current fiscal year may not be transferred to the next year for reimbursement.
- Student only authored articles are not eligible for this funding. Faculty authors with student co-authors are eligible to apply as a faculty author.
- Publication must have a corporate/non-profit business account. No payment can be directed to an individual.
- Wire transfers will not be made to foreign entities.
- Credit card payments to international vendors will only be made where vendor systems are deemed secure and comply with State purchasing guidelines. Under no circumstances will a copy of the GS card be supplied.
- Where publication costs exceed $500, split funding may be accommodated.
- Required page charges (for journal space only – pre-publication services and/or voluntary page charges are not supported by this fund.)
- Page fees associated with peer reviewed book chapters that are comparable to Journal page fees
- pre-publication services are not eligible;
- total book manuscript fees will be eligible only if contracts do not contain significant IP potential.
- Reprints/Off-prints/pdf rights
- Image publication surcharges
- Application fees (reimbusement only for accepted publication. Not to exceed $100; provide documentation of fee requirement.)
- Editorial services (Provided by ORSSP contract editor only. Editing does not evaluate scientific merit.)
- Prepublication services (E.g., indexing, typesetting, formatting or translation)
When submitting a request please include:
- Publication Fund Request Form,
- Copy of article or chapter submitted for publication
- Original invoice from publisher, and
- Purchase Requisition (not required if credit cards accepted)
Publication Fund Form
Send all required forms/documents to the Office of Research Services and Sponsored Programs. Additional supporting documentation may be requested. Incomplete applications will be returned without reimbursement.
Last updated: 4/8/2016