Listed below are some External Funding databases. Click on each title for more information about each database:
Grant Forward-The University of Illinois Researcher Information Service (IRIS) funding database. This new platform features enhanced search and user account interfaces. Grant Forward can be accessed directly from a campus computer or from an off-campus computer by first setting up an account.
Grant Forward can be accessed directly from a campus computer or from an off-campus computer by first setting up an account. Users who create an account using their Georgia Southern email account have the ability to browse grant opportunities from home without having to log-in to the GS account.
Grant Forward provides a FAQ for new users and transition guide for former IRIS users to help answer questions about the service.
Grants.gov simplifies the grants management process and creates a centralized, online process to find and apply for over 900 grant programs from the 26 federal grant-making agencies. Grants.gov streamlines the process of awarding over $360 billion annually to state and local governments, academia, not-for-profits and other organizations. The vision for Grants.gov is to be a simple, unified source to electronically find, apply and manage grant opportunities.
FedBizOpps.gov is the single government point-of-entry for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000, including research and development opportunities. Government buyers are able to publicize their business opportunities by posting information directly to FedBizOpps via the Internet. For assistance searching this vast database, please contact your Grant Coordinator.
Funding Search Resources
UC Berkley maintains standard searches of current opportunities by category. Categories include limited submissions, new and young faculty, equipment grants and more.
NIH Parent Announcements (unsolicited or investigator initiated applications)
Federal Sources of Funding
Multiple Agency Servers
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) searchable listing of all federal grants programs.
- GPO ACCESS – Includes searchable Federal Register and access to government documents such as the Congressional Record, the U.S. Code and Public Laws.
Comprehensive Server Lists
- FedWorld (FedWorld Information Network) access to government documents, reports and files and a listing of federal job opportunities.
- The Federal Web Locator (Villanova Center for Information Law and Policy) links to many federal departments, offices and agencies, quasi-official agencies, and non-government federally related sites.
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies (Louisiana State University) detailed list of federal departments, agencies, offices, and programs.
Georgia Sources of Funding
State Departments, Agencies, Systems
- Georgia Department of Administrative Services
- Georgia Department of Education
- Georgia Division of Public Health
- University System of Georgia
Private and Other Sources of Funding
This page provides links to grant-making private non-profit foundations, corporate foundations, corporations, and professional organizations. If the organization you are looking for is not listed here, try searching for it using a Web search.
Check with ORSSP for user names and passwords for the above sites if necessary.
Last updated: 11/13/2019