Scholarly Communications & Data Management Resources
The University Libraries offer a full array of Scholarly Communications-related resources and services to support faculty and graduate students’ research from conception to publication and promotion.
In addition to hosting the University’s digital repository and scholarly profiles for faculty, the library’s scholarly communications specialists can assist you with data management planning and curation, copyright and reuse licensing, evaluating journal quality, promoting and monitoring use of your work, and building your professional brand.
For general information and scholarly communications news, visit The Atrium.
For more detailed inquiries, please contact Ruth Baker, Scholarly Communications Librarian.
For help with data management planning, follow the links below or contact Jeffrey Mortimore, Discovery Services Librarian.
Plan & Propose
To get the most out of your data, plan early how you will collect, use, and share it. Many funders now require data management plans (DMPs), and many publishers require that data be made publicly available.
- See our guide to data management planning
- See funder and publisher data requirements
- Use DMPTool, & Generic Template for DMPs
- Example DMPs
- Read our DMP FAQs
Create & Collect / Analyze & Assure
Ensure that you are following best practices while actively collecting, caring for, and analyzing your data. Host, secure, and share your “working” data in Digital Commons @ Georgia Southern during the active phase of research.
- See our guide to hosting, collecting, and working with data
- See file management recommendations
- Learn about “working” file formats
- Learn about metadata and describing data
- Learn about writing “readme” style metadata
Prepare & Publish / Curate & Share
- See our guide to curating and sharing data
- Learn about preparing tabular data for description and archiving
- See recommended file types for long-term data curation
- Learn about basic intellectual property rights in data management
Find additional tools and training for managing your research data.
- Calendar of Upcoming Events & Workshops
- Tutorials and training
- Data citation guide
- Glossary of data management terms
Last updated: 1/6/2020