Apply for Student Travel Funding
The Office of Research is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $1,000 each, for undergraduate students presenting original research at regional, national, and international conferences. The link below accommodates student funding requests as well as group travel requests submitted by faculty advisors.
Your presentation acceptance does not have to be confirmed in order to submit a funding proposal. However, documentation of acceptance to present will be required prior to final approval of any funding.
Award recipients are required to provide a summary of their experience together with their abstract no later than one month after attending the conference. This material may be featured on the research website and/or printed materials.
- Students must be an undergraduate and enrolled continuously before and during the time of award and travel; if the student is a senior, travel must be completed within three months of graduation.
- The primary research mentor must be a Georgia Southern University faculty member.
Application material (see form below):
- Electronic funding proposal (or use the link below), including abstract, explanation of benefit and funded requested.
- Letter of support for cost-sharing from other sources, if applicable
- Letter of support from faculty advisor
- Travel authorization; get this form (Student Request for Authority to Travel on Official University Business) here.
The Undergraduate Research Council will choose the awardees based on the merit of research and benefit to the student.
If funded, all COMPLETED reimbursement material, including required documentation and receipts must be received no later than 30 days weeks after end of event.
NOTE: The funding proposal form may not be partially completed and saved for later. Please review the form and be prepared with all needed information and documentation so you will be able to complete the form in one sitting.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Month of Travel:||Latest Submission Date:|
|June – August||April 15|
Last updated: 7/18/2022