Institute Affiliate Faculty
The i²STEMe recruits affiliate faculty from all colleges to work on STEM education initiatives. Potential affiliate faculty are nominated by the Vice President of Research, College Deans or Associate Deans, members of the i²STEMe Advisory Board, Department Heads, i²STEMe Director and Coordinators, i²STEMe Faculty Fellows, and by current Affiliate Faculty. Names of nominees are forwarded to the Director who will send out an official invitation. Selected faculty submit the requested documentation (see below). By accepting a nomination, potential affiliate faculty are indicating their interest in STEM education and are made aware of Institute opportunities and services. We encourage our Affiliates to:
- Collaborate on grant proposals across, within, and through disciplines across campus (interdisciplinary).
- Attend a once a semester meeting (Fall and Spring) to meet with other affiliates and to hear what the Institute is up to.
- Promote the Institute through collaboration and partnerships both at GSU and in the community.
- Work with Fellows
- Participate in outreach such as STEMFest, STEM Cafe, Science Olympiad, and other opportunities to further your knowledge and your experiences with STEM.
In return, the Institute provides support to affiliate faculty members in the following ways:
- Locating, submitting, obtaining, and implementing grants.
- Accounting, administrative, and research support for grant funded projects, including serving as the fiscal agent by tracking budgets and assisting with purchasing, and providing assistance in the planning and execution of workshops and conferences associated with projects.
- Assistance in establishing partnerships with schools, business, and external research organizations, as well as establishing collaborative teams within Georgia Southern University.
- Assistance on research reviews related to grant submission and provide institutional data supporting grant submissions.
- Publicize events and assist in conceptualizing and evaluating projects.
Are you interested in becoming an Affiliate Member? Fill out the application here.
The completed application is reviewed by the i²STEMe Advisory Board and approved or denied by a simple majority vote. A list of accepted nominees is then forwarded by the Director to the Vice-President of Research and College Deans for approval.