BIG Pitch Competition
Ocean Exchange and Georgia Southern University are partnering to create the BIG Pitch Competition for undergraduate and graduate students with faculty advisors. Winners receive a $10,000 Cash Award!!
- Seeking solutions in innovations that improve economies, health and the environment fitting under the theme of sustainability.
- Registration Deadline: September 30, 2016, 11:59pm GMT, $50 registration fee. Finalists will be notified October 10, 2016.
- Finalists will present at Ocean Exchange on November 11 in Savannah, GA
- More details and contest rules will be posted at oceanexchange.org.
Congratulations to the 2015 finalists!
- Opus 12 from Stanford University, Renewable Fuel Production from Carbon Dioxide
- Resource Recovery from Waste Water from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, A Sustainable Water Treatment/Recovery Process
- Green Technology Artificial Reefs from Valdosta State University, Artificial Reefs from Cement
and Nutrient Mixtures
- Surya Conversions from University of Colorado-Boulder, Hybrid Electric Conversion Kits for Auto
Rickshaws in Developing Countries
- Prosumer Grid from Georgia Institute of Technology, Simulate & Optimize the Operation of
Distributed Energy Resources/Grid
- NTi Technology from Cornell University, Functional Coating for Self-Distribution
- Cooking with Stored Solar Heat from University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Maintain
Traditional Cooking Methods in the Developing World without Use of Fuel, Flame, & Emissions
- Loop from Savannah College of Art & Design, Biometric System to Upcycle Waste from Meat,
Fish, and Bone
Thank you to all who applied!
The original article was posted on September 8, 2016 and can be found here.
Posted in Economic Development, Research Express News